S1 Rear Suspension
Building on the success of the advanced CV2 rear suspension, Edge has developed the S1 to deliver high performance in a simple and cost effective package.
The S1 suspension is featured as standard equipment on the Piranha III buggy.
With an all new tensioner mechanism, bolt on reverse module and classic Edge durability the S1 is ready for the power of the largest road bike engines. Double A arms provide traction across the harshest terrain ensuring the power is delivered to the ground, with Porsche 930 CV joints and oversize sealed bearings.
For the homebuilder ease of manufacture is paramount the S1 features fewer moving parts and durable polyurethane bushes to keep costs down and construction straightforward, without compromising performance.
Easy & Comprehensive Plans
Full construction plans for the S1 rear suspension assembly are available, suitable for the home builder. They are derived from our latest CAD models for ultimate accuracy and clarity, including 72 pages of 3D and 2D computer-generated drawings and build notes including parts, material and fastener lists. The S1 plans lay out the complete build process of the suspension unit including:
- Centre housing
- Suspension arms
- Drive unit
- Chain tensioner mechanism
S1 Rear Suspension fitted to the Piranha III buggy
- Race proven Porsche 930 CV joints
- Tough drive shafts
- Long throw chain tensioner with easy adjustment screw
- Simplified centre housing with fixed drive hub
- Oversize sealed drive bearings and wheel bearings
- 260mm (10”) of true wheel travel, can be extended with aftermarket shocks
- Progressive camber from 0° at ride height for maximum traction to 9.5° for stability on heavy impacts
- Adjustable camber using upper arm rod end.
- Twin piston Wilwood brake caliper and 315mm inboard floating rotor
- Suitable for 12” ATV rims or 14” UTV rims (or larger)
Unequal length Double 'A' arm independent
260mm (10") to 335mm (13") depending on shock absorbers
1420mm (55.9") hub face to hub face
0 to 1.5 degrees negative at ride height, (adjustable) & up to 11 degrees negative at full travel
Large 315mm, (12.4”) diameter inboard rotor with twin piston race caliper.
385mm, (15.1") when fitted with 26x12x12” tyres, (more ground clearance when fitted with 14” rim & tyre package)
Wheel stud pattern:
4 stud on 156mm PCD
Designed to suit large chain drive type motorcycle engines up to 200hp.
Estimated cost to manufacture:
$2,100 to $3,000 (depending on skill level & facilities available). All components can be manufactured to these comprehensive plans.